Gold Coast Osteopath Miranda has joined leading Allied Health Clinic - Vyne Health, located in Varsity Lakes. In this article, Miranda answers some popular questions, "what is Osteopathy?" and "what conditions can Osteopathic treatments help with?"
Osteopathy is an evidence-based form of manual therapy that focuses on restoring optimal function to the musculoskeletal system.
Osteopaths use your individual medical history, environmental and lifestyle factors to understand the root cause of your pain to develop a personalised plan to help you manage your pain and move better.
Osteopaths use hands on manual therapy as a form of intervention, which may include:
- Soft tissue techniques such as massage
- Spinal manipulation
- Articulation – gentle rhythmical joint movements
- Stretching of muscles and joint capsules
- Muscle energy techniques – encouraging muscles to work against resistance.
- Dry needing
Osteopaths additionally provide advice on injury prevention, pain management and rehabilitation. Osteopaths encourage you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing long -term and can help you find out which lifestyle and environmental factors may be contributing to your condition. Such as stress, inactivity, activity choice and load as well as ergonomic factors.
CONDITIONS OSTEOPATHS SEE:
- Neck pain
- Upper back pain
- Lower back pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Jaw pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow and wrist pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Ankle pain
- Foot pain
- Sporting injuries, including sprains, strains and tendinopathy.
- Pregnancy related aches and pains
WHAT IS OSTEOPATH TREATMENT?
At your first appointment and in any subsequent session(s), you may receive any of the below osteopathic treatments following the clinical assessment conducted by your osteopath.
- Musculoskeletal and nervous system assessments – Your osteopath will use a range of tools to identify what might be happening in the body.
- Manual therapy – A range of ‘hands-on’ techniques that may give relief from musculoskeletal pain, discomfort and may help tissues in the body.
- Clinical exercise programs – Activities and movement strategies for use at home, work or in other settings. Exercise may help you return to activities you enjoy, for example after an injury or surgery.
- Body function assessments - Movement, postural, positioning advice and ergonomic assessments.
- Therapeutic needling techniques - Such as dry needling, trigger point therapy
- Patient education and advice - Lifestyle, stress management, diet or other factors that may influence your pain, injury or movement.
For more information about your first consultation please see the link below: Osteopathy Australia - Learn More
To Learn more about Miranda Cooper, you can visit here practitioner page > here.
Or, visit Miranda's website to learn more about Osteopathy, the conditions she treats, FAQ's and for all current updates > here.
If you would like to contact Miranda about a condition, or if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in contact via email: email@example.com
For Bookings: Visit the link below:
Make an Online Booking